Tuesday 24 February 2015

Mixed Berry Smoothie Bowl.


I discovered smoothie bowls via Instagram late last year and they've quickly become one of my favourite things to make for breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, elevenses - basically just whenever. They look super cool, they taste super yum and they're super fun to make. They're also incredibly flexible given that you can top them, or even make them, with basically whatever you like. 

One of my favourite combinations is mixed berry and banana. I am completely obsessed with berries and the colour they give a smoothie or smoothie bowl is brilliant.



It's not food, but I snapped this picture while I was photographing my smoothie bowl and I just really love it, so I thought I would share it too!
Ingredients;
2 bananas (peeled, chopped and frozen overnight)
1 1/2 cups frozen berries of any variety you desire
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk


An optional add in is some acai, either in powder form or frozen.

+ extra berries, dried goji berries, coconut, pomegranate, chia seeds, etc for topping

1. Put all the ingredients except for the toppings in a blender and blend until everything is thick, well combined and lovely and pink in colour.
2. Pour into a bowl and then the fun begins! Top with whatever takes your fancy in whatever way takes your fancy!!! Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment