Friday 6 March 2015

Apple Doughnuts.


I'm not really sure that this creation is deserving of the label 'recipe' because really it's more so an assembly of a few things with zero cooking involved, but I think it's too delicious to not share. Thiese doughnuts are a super fun creation, they taste delicious and they looks very impressive (which is super important obviously because keeping the Insta feed looking smashing is crucial). Apple doughnuts have become my go-t0 4pm snack at uni because they're quick, inexpensive to make and they are super yum1

When you say you've made apple doughnuts, I've found people look at you like you're either (a) some kind of culinary magician, or (b) lost the plot. I'm not quite sure what people imagine when you mention apple and doughnut together as a single entity, but I couldn't think of a more suitable name and if anyone tries to tell me these couldn't pass for the more conventional doughnut (in appearance), then they are lying.

Probably my favourite thing about this creation is how flexible it is. I'm currently obsessed with Mayver's spreads (available from Woolworths and Coles in Australia), which are basically pure state spreads - i.e. when it says 'peanut butter', it is literally just peanuts, no other add ins. They make lots of really fun ones like alone, cacao and coconut butter and chia spreads and crunchy peanut butter and pretty much my new goal is to try them all (which is absolutely no hardship!). You can put whatever you like on top of the apple depending on what you have lying about, what you feel like or however game you are to experiment. These doughnuts are also a super appealing and very healthy snack for children, which makes me wish I'd thought of these before I took a gap year working as a teachers assistant and nanny in the UK!

Ingredients;
(makes 1 snack sized serve for 1 person)

1 apple
(Mayver's) Pure peanut butter
(Mayver's) Almond, cacao and coconut spread (any kind of pure state, natural spread would also work)
Toppings (dried goji berries, shredded coconut, raw pistachio nuts)

1. This is so simple I almost feel like instructions aren't needed! Basically wash and core the apple. Then, slice it into pieces about half a centimetre thick so that you end up with doughnut shaped apple. Then, go crazy with your toppings! Yummo!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment